Monday, July 20, 2009

7/19 Set...

I think I'm going to start breaking down Sunday's worship set every following Monday. Hope that's ok with you. Yesterday's set was a bit of a rollercoaster (as it always is). I wanted yesterday to be a bit of a journey and I felt God wanted that as well. We started out singing about His love and how it affects us. Then we turned our focus on the nature of God. Towards the end we declared how hungry we are for Him and closed with praising Him for creating life; for creating us. So here it is...

Hallelujah, Your Love Makes Me Sing
This song is all about declaring that God's love is so "God's Love" that the only possible, and obvious effect it would have on us would be to break out in song. My favorite line in this song is, "Your love is surprising, I can feel it rising, all the joy that's growing deep inside of me. Every time I see You, all Your goodness shines through, I can feel this God-song rising up in me!" We did this song in conjunction with...

I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever
"Oldie, but a goodie" if you ask me. After we declared that His love makes us sing, we told Him that we'd sing about it forever. I wonder if we really will...

Majesty
This song always hits me hard because we just cry out "Majesty! Majesty" There's no denying who Majesty is! My favorite line, "You're grace has found me just as I am. Empty handed but alive in Your hands." God finds us right where we are. Just as we are. Rom. 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." He came to us.

We Are Hungry
I love when we do this song because toward the end we park on the first line of the first verse, "Lord I want more of You. Living Water rain down on me.... Living Water rain down on me..." Over and over. So cool; just opening up and surrendering yourself to God's Living Water quenching our dried out hearts.

You Are God
One of my all-time favorite Charlie Hall songs. "You fill our hearts with love and faith. You fight for us, You make us Brave. That alone is enough for its own worship song.

Thank you God for an awesome Sunday. I'm looking forward to next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Elegant de BlogMundi